On Saturday we got up at 6:30am and got ready to get out the door. The kids were going to be running in the Road Race. At first Danniqa had said she didn't want to do it but then she changed her mind.
Here are the kiddos before we head off. Billy and Adam would be doing the 5k and Amy, Jenny and Danniqa were doing the 2k
Raymond was having all of the runners do a balloon release before the race started.
The kids wanted to be at the very front of the pack and they booked it out of the starting line.
After the race was done.
Danniqa won a door prize
Danniqa finishing the race
On the 2k overall there were 79 runners and Danniqa came in 18th with a time of 12 minutes and 20 seconds. (Amy was 13th and Jenny was 12th at 11:26 and 11:53) In just females Danniqa came in 9th! She did a great job! When she was all done I asked her if she had fun and she said yes! Then I asked her if she wanted to do it again next year and she said, No!
After the race we headed over for the city pancake breakfast. It was a great way to start out the morning.
Afterward Karen, Becky and I went and did some shopping. Then later that eveing we went swimming ( sorry no pictures as I didn't have the husband around to help)
Afterward Karen, Becky and I went and did some shopping. Then later that eveing we went swimming ( sorry no pictures as I didn't have the husband around to help)

No comments:
Post a Comment