Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh Baby

So I went to the doctor last Friday and the doctor was a little concerned about my blood pressure. It was a little higher then she liked and it didn't go down through the visit. So she wanted me to do a 24 hour urine sample and check my blood pressure through the week. So thanks Greg and LeeOra for lending me the blood pressure cuff that made my life easier.

I started my 24 sample on Sunday, first of all this is a PAIN! It was not a fun experience for me. After 23 hours I saw the end in sight. Only one more time of collection. And then when I went into my kitchen, because you have to keep the sample in the fridge, I found that at hour 23 I had not gotten the lid on the sample all of the way. It had leaked into the plasic ziplock that held it, unfortunately it wasn't a true ziplock. I was annoyed and threw it away in the garbage outside and headed out for the day. I stopped at the doctor's office and got a new container to start my sample again later that week. I got home that night and my house smelled a little funky. Kevin told me it was probably just the garbage and he would take it out. I said okay and head upstairs for the night. The next morning I headed downstairs and I still smelled the funk. My friend Heather called me at that time and I sat at the table and began to chat. As I looked over at the fridge I saw URINE ON MY FLOOR! I kind of freaked out. Sure enough the NOT ziplock bag had allowed the urine to leak out. There was urine all over the floor under my fridge, under the drawers in my fridge. I was so not a happy camper! I have cleaned up plenty of peoples urine but I have never had to clean up my own. So I did it all over later that week and made SURE the lid was all the way on everytime.

So I had a follow up with Dr. Laine today. My sample was great and there was no concerns with that. I gave her all of my blood pressure numbers and she said it was still a little high but not to high to do a medication. She wants me to keep taking my blood pressures and come back in three weeks. So everything is going well.

I got to hear my sweet babies heart beat again today! It is so AMAZING! I can't believe that it is really there. Dr. Laine said it sounds perfect.


PS.....Kevin didn't want me to share the urine story. Sorry love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I had to do the 24 hour catch. It was so obnoxious to have to carry it around while I was at school! Thankfully I didn't have to refrigerate it though, and thank goodness it didn't leak all over my house! So sorry! :P

    ReplyDelete