Friday, January 21, 2011

Little Girl

So we went in to my doctor today. Last week was for a research project that I am a part of. We had an ultrasound and we were hoping to verify it was a girl. However, the girlie is stubborn. She was sound asleep, curled up in a ball on her stomach, and did not move. So her spine was casting a shadow so they couldn't see. :( But they will have me come back in a month to see if we can see things better.

So we are doing hypnobirthing and I was talking to Dr. Laine about it. How is wonderful. However, I did find out that they won't let me go over 39 weeks because of my blood pressure. It continues to be a little on the high side. Not enough that I have to do medication yet. Dr. Laine told me though that if I am wanting to do natural and I end up being induced that she will work with me to do it slower so that I can do it. She was really great and supportive. She also said that she hopes that if I end up needing and epidural or medical intervention that I don't feel like a failure if it is in the best interest for the baby's health. I love my Doctor! She really just makes me feel safe and like things are going to work out.

PS it is 4 in the morning and I am awake and way emotional. I was just on facebook and my sister had a picture up of my mom. So if this blog seems overally emotional.....that is way...oh yea and I am pregnant and emotional anyway.

Love you all!

1 comment: