Sunday, November 28, 2010

Moms

As much as I love the holidays the last few years of the holiday season also has its downside. I miss my mom. This week especially, I miss my mom cause I am pregnant and want to talk to her, I missed my mom because I was sick and I just wanted my mom, and I missed my mom because it was Thanksgiving. But you miss your mom when she is gone. I have spoke to people whose mother has been gone for a long time and you always have moments where you miss them.

Today I found out that one of my dear friends lost her mother today and my heart BREAKS for her. We talked for a little while and she said I knew you would know how I feel. She asked "how did you do this?" I told her she didn't have a choice. That you get up and you function and you miss her but you keep going. People who haven't lost a parent don't really understand. They try to, they try and compare to grandparents or aunts and uncles that they have lost but unfortunately no one can understand unless they have a parent who has passed. And so you are grateful for those who are part of the club so that you have someone to talk to but you would never wish it upon anyone. Two people I know this week have lost their moms. I am SO sorry! For any of you out there who have lost a parent I am SO SORRY, and I get it. My sweet friend, my heart goes out to you. You will be fine, you will make it and you will miss her.

My relationship with my mom was not perfect. And I have lots of people who love me and support me. And I miss my mom!

Now that I am sitting in my bed crying......I am grateful that I am loved by many people and that I absolutely know I will see my mom again.

1 comment:

  1. It's true that you always have moments that are extra sad, that make you miss her. I had a moment like that just the other day as we were talking about Carson's blessing, and I wanted so badly for my dad to be here for it. Oh man, I'm tearing up again! Thank goodness we know that we'll see them again, right? Sometimes that's the only thing that makes it bearable.

    ReplyDelete