Today is Thanksgiving, and as I sit at home in my bed with the flu I have much to be grateful for. So I am going to list some of them. So if you don't want to know don't read :).
I am grateful for my sweet husband, who has taken very good care of me the last couple of days. I haven't had to get out of bed for anything other then the bathroom. He has feed me, brought me medicine. Got almost no sleep because he was taking me to the doctor and getting medicine. He is someone who gets me to laugh at myself, is patient when I am in crazy mood and loves me. I am seriously blessed when it comes to this man.
I am grateful for miss Danniqa. Kev went to get her for a while yesterday. He stopped at the store to get a few things and while he was getting a soda Danniqa reached into the drink cooler at the store and grabbed a bottle of water. Kev told her we have lots of water at home and her answer was "It's a present for Megan." Kev told her again we had some at home but she insisted on getting it because I was sick and I like water. She is a light and a joy in my life and I am so grateful for the sweet spirit she brings into our home.
My family. I am blessed to have an amazing family. For many years we have all lived really close together and in the last year Dustin and Sloane have moved away and now Zach and Meredith. Not having them close reminds me how lucky we were. But I am also excited for them. My family is truly amazing. They rally around when needed. Support, love and encourage. I am very blessed to have ALL of them in my life.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ. This makes everything, including the things already mentioned so much better. The gospel brings, peace, understanding and clarity to my life. I am indeed truly grateful that I was raised in the church and continue to have it in my life.
I am grateful for my Doctor, who I actually haven't even met yet. My first appointment was with the Nurse Practioner. However, as I was sick this week and called in they were amazing. The nurse I spoke to several times while they were figuring out what to do for me. And then my doctor actually called as well. I was grateful that I had access and resources to assist me and that they cared enough about this paranoid, first time, sick mommy to be.
I could keep going. I really am extremely blessed. I have a good job, AMAZING friend, a home to live in, time to play and resources to do so. I have a very blessed life. Though somedays I like to try and forget it. Today I am just grateful. All of you who bless my life THANK YOU! Thank you for being a part of my life nad blessing me. I love you all!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just want to say, Megan, that we are happy and blessed that you are in our family as well. And for the joy that you bring to Kevin. And you are a great Mom to Danniqa and Makayla. We love and appreciate you
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you Megs! Hope that youa re feeling good...and I hear you on the sleepless nights sometimes! Ella is 9 months old and still not sleeping. I don't do wel on little sleep. When the moon comes out I'm especially cranky. I think I may be a warewolf. Or, maybe I'm tired and reading Happy Potter with Angie too much.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys! Good luck!