So on Thursday night Kevin and I were talking to Karen(his mom) on skype. She mentioned that the family in Canada was all getting together on Saturday instead of Monday for Thanksgiving. For all of us that reside in the USA and don't know Canada has Thanksgiving in October not November. Throws me off a little. So we started wondering if there was a way that we could make it there. We told Karen not to tell anyone and we would see. There were 20 seats open both directions. We knew if we were going to go we would go up Saturday, do dinner and then fly home Sunday. We found a rental car for $20. J said that we could switch days with her so that Danniqa could come and Kevin was able to get work off. So away we went. Karen didn't tell anyone but her mom who had to pack to spend the night in Calgary. We jump on the 11am flight and were at the church in Calgary for dinner by 2:30pm.
Danniqa and Jana on the plane. For those of you who know Danniqa you know that she is pretty quiet most of the time. She does talk when she wants to but OH MY GOODNESS, this child TALKED so much on the plane. She was so excited she talked and talked and made of goofy songs and just cracked us up. At one point Kevin gives her the "shhh" sign. Danniqa then looked at him and said "you shhs." We just laughed. She was just so excited to go to Canada and see her cousins she couldn't help herself.

We were going to have Danniqa walk in with Jana but we walked by a door and Jenny, Kevin's niece was standing by the door. She had the most shocked look on her face. It was pretty funny. So we went in that door and surprised Kevin's sister Becky, her kids, Kevin's aunt and cousins. It was pretty fun.
Grandma and Jana

Jana in a toy car

Kevibn's cousins, their kids and me sitting and visiting and taking care of babies.

Jenny, Danniqa and Amy. As soon as they were there they took off playing and we didn't see them much. Thanksgiving was at the church.

Aunt Becky and Jana Grace

Kevin's grandma, Grandma Mae

The kids did some skits in a bag. They did a great job.

I saw a picture of a four generation hand picture. However, now I looked at the other one and they did it much better. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted but it is still fun. So this is Grandma Mae, Grandma Karen, Kevin and Danniqa.

Then we did it with Jana

Then I just did one of Jana and Grandma Mae

Then it was time to go home. We got to the Airport and went through customs. There was no line and it was great. Then we head to security. There was a little bit of a line and so we waited. Jana had gotten a really red face but I didn't think to much about it. We got up to the spot where I needed to start undoing everything and putting it up to go through the xray thing a majigger. I take baby girl out and before I realize what has happen I start to notice poop. She has pooped out of her diaper, all over her clothes, into the car seat and it is also on me. However, there isn't much I can do at that point. I have Kev grab a wipe and get rid of the poo that is ozzing out of her diaper. Then we go through security with poo everywhere! After we get through I am grateful that we didn't check anything so that I have clothes that I can change into. I grab the clothes and the baby and asked Kevin to clean the carseat. As I am walking to the bathroom Kevin says, "Well at least you have something to blog about." I was so not amused. I took the baby into the bathroom and I started to lay her down to change her and poo started to oozzz out of her diaper. So then I had to hold her at a weird angle and she started screaming her head off. So that was great fun. Finally I got both of us all cleaned up. It was so not fun.
But at the Calgary airport there are this great cushy chairs.

After she pooped everywhere she was so good and just sat and talked away in her cleaned up chair.

When we were waiting for the bus to take us back to the parking lot for our car Danniqa got tired of standing and waiting. So she sat in her booster seat.

Overall it was a great surprise and quick fun trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment