Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Literacy Night

Danniqa's school for the first time had a Literacy night. Basically it was like a choose your adventure. There goal was to get kids excited about reading and to let them learn about some new books.
Atherton: House of Power was the first book we went to they had three levels where people lived and only the top level had books and there were rabbits as food.
So they had rabbits
 And then after learning about the book they got to make a book themselves.
 Then we went to "Where the Wild things are"
 She made a mask

 Then we went to Theodosia series - I think we are going to buy these and start reading them this summer.
 And the last wast Superdog. They had an obstacle course for the kids to do.
It was a great night and we were able to learn about some series that sounded good that I hadn't heard about. I hope they do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment