Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sleep and painting

I haven't had many fun things going on or many blogs as we are working on our house. My landlord retextured all of our walls and we are now painting all of them. This means that everything is in the center of every room. It is quite a disaster area. But since my sweet little girl is wide awake right now, I might as well write down some thoughts at 4:30 in the morning.

Yesterday when I went to get her from her nap, I open the door and she is waving her hand in front of her face and making a disgusted face. I asked her if she was poopy and she said yes. Sure enough she needed a diaper change. Sometimes after she poops she will bring me a diaper to let me know she needs to be changed.

Changing to a big girl bed has been a tough road of less sleep. She was such a great sleeper in the crib but I would also let her cry herself back to sleep. So she learned of go back to sleep fairly quickly. Well the new found freedom of being able to get up out of bed has made it interesting. What also made it interesting is she knows how to open all of our doors and is tall enough to be able to do it. So I have had to put a child proof handle on the inside of her door so she can't get out. I am trying to get it so she will learn to get herself back to sleep and not end up in my bed every night. So tonight at about 4 I hear her crying. I go in as she tries to open her door toilet her know it is still night time and she needs to go back to bed. But she asks to rock. She looked at me and said "rock, rock" so I rocked her for a few minutes but then laid her down. It is so hard and I may be a mean mom but we need to get this figured out before mister Drew gets here. Anyway she has been crying on and off for awhile. But it is so cute when she comes up to her door and I can hear her knocking on it trying to get me to open it. Usually she calls for me as well. But tonight I keep hearing her call for her dad. She must have given up on me as a lost cause.

Last week after she had calmed down and gone to sleep I had gone in and checked other, she had taken her pajamas off. Silly girl.

The good news. It has been way less time of crying tonight then it was last time, and way less then last week.

1 comment: