Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hospital Trip

So at about three in the morning I woke up in a ton of pain. It felt like it was all in my back and muscle spasms. So after trying to make it better myself I woke up my husband. I asked him to get me some bread because I had taken some medicine. He went downstairs and then climbed back into bed. I tried to deal with it some more and then ended up waking him up again. He gave me a blessing and was rubbing my back. It was so sweet. The baby girl woke up and he was taking care of her. I took a hot shower trying to make it better and laid on a heating pad. As my back started to feel a little better I realized the pain was actually on my right side. Miserable!

As things continued on I was crying, doubled over and throwing up. I was actually in more pain then I had been with Labor......CRAZY!!!

So Kev got Jana in her car seat adn we headed to the hospital.

We got there and as soon as they saw were I was holding my side and asked me a few questions they told me they thought it was my gallbladder but wanted to run some test. The ultrasound tech didn't get there until 7am. But luckily they gave me some pain medication, after sticking me several times in order to get a vein that would give them blood and get an IV in me.

The Ultrasound came back and I have gall stones. Apparently this is really common with pregnancy.... who would have known. So the only treatment is to have your gallbladder taken out. I kind of just wanted to do it that day. But the doctor wanted to give me time to pump so that we could still feed Jana while I have surgery. So we go in for a consult on Monday afternoon and then will probably have surgery the 5th or 6th of July after we get back from Canada.

They sent me home with some pain medication and told me there is a chance I won't have another attack before it is taken out. That is what we are hoping for. Now Kevin and I are just really tired. I am ready to head to bed soon. My husband was great today and I was very grateful he was home last night and not at work.

1 comment: