We got up and listened to some conference on Saturday morning and then headed out. We went up to a swap meet. It wasn't as good as the one over in Honolulu but it was still fun.
Then we went on the drive to Hakeala Volcano National park. It wasn't as curvy as Hana but it still had quite a few curves. It was a beautiful drive and it went up in elevation quickly. One of the things that amazed me about Maui is the huge variation in land and what grows there. You have dry desert and lush forest, just huge differences.
We had been out walking around with Dad and Grandma but Little girlie and I started to get cold. So we went back into the car. This was little girl waiting for Dad and Grandma.
After we were done we went home and packed up and headed out to the airport. We were suppose to be there another day but with standby you go when you can get a flight. So we took off. It was a great trip and I was sad to go.
Karen and Kevin flew United and little girl and I went Delta. It is a five hour flight overnight. There wasn't enough seats for little girl to have her own seat which is not normal for us. She slept on my lap for the five hours. I did not sleep much. She slept, I just couldn't move. when we finally got home I looked down and I had elephant feet. I had CANKLES! I was so not happy about it. Luckily they have gone back to normal.

Looks like a fabulous trip!! That little girl is pretty funny! And I hate to say it, but Jana will most likely look at these pictures when she's older and say, "I don't remember that trip so it doesn't 'count.' You have to take me again." :)
ReplyDelete