Here is a picture right before we left that morning.
We were scheduled to go down to the hospital for an induction at 7:30am on 1/14/13 to have our little man come into the world. I was told to call at 6 and make sure. So the night before I set my alarm. There was no need as I was so not able to sleep. I got up and called at 6 and they told me to be there at 7:15. We had almost everything packed and we headed out the door. We were taking Jana over to Greg & LeeOra's house so she can hang out with Grandma and grandpa. We dropped her off and headed to the hospital.
We got there and started registering for the day. They took us into our room and we got settled in. At 8:30am Dr. Laine came and broke my water. I was on pitocin to have the contractions going. Kev went and got himself some breakfast and then went to sleep for a while. He had worked all night, come home and gotten me and we headed to the hospital. He didn't get any sleep. As I was talking to Amy (my photographer and friend) I decided that I wasn't going to try and "tough" it out and I was just going to get an epidural. So I think around ten am I was checked and dialted to a 3, but my cervix had softened. So ;I went ahead and asked for an epidural. I got my epidural and since I had it they decided to up my pitocin. I went from having contractions at a 40 level to contractions hitting 80 and 90. I was given a push button to up my epidural medication if it wasn't working enough. I did this and I was still feeling a lot of pain. I had to wait about 15 minutes and was able to hit the button again. I was dying for my time to be up so I could hit the button. I was still feeling all of my contractions. After three rounds of being able to hit the button for more pain medication and nothing getting better I called for the nurse. She knew the anesthesiologist had a c-section coming up so she called him and had him come and adjust my epidural. He messed with it a little and wanted to see if it would help. It didn't so at that point he took it out and I had to try and sit still through killer contractions that were coming every 1.5 minutes while he put a new needle in my back. It was such a night and day difference once the epidural started working. I was able to sit and relax and enjoy a popsicle. :) About 30 minutes after I had the new epidural Amber, my nurse came to check me. I was at an 8 plus. She told us that meant with in an hour we would probably be having a baby. She would come back in about a half hour to check me again.. I needed to roll over but was not able to on my own. I asked Amber to help me roll over. As she did Drew's heart rate dropped. She told me that she was going to check me again because sometimes that meant they had moved down. So She checked me and I was complete. Amber went and called Dr. Laine and then got the room ready. Dr. Laine arrived and after only a few pushes he was out. He had his arm across him and was holding his shoulder which made him a little wider then he would of been and caused a little bit of damage. They brought him up on my chest but he was having a hard time pinking up and so they took him over to the other side of the room. Another nurse came in and with in a few minutes she had him pinking up. The umbilical cord had been wrapped around his neck twice and this was probably part of the reason he was struggling just a little. But shortly there after I had my little man back. We were all doing well and they soon headed up down to our room.
At about 4o'clock Dad & Vicki showed up to see this cute baby. I needed to use the bathroom and so asked the Nurse to come in because they don't want you going the first time on your own. When she came in I also let her know I felt like I was bleeding a little more then I should. She checked on me and it was not good news. I was hemorrhaging pretty badly. Soon we had everyone out of my room and I had about five or six nurses coming in and out of the room. They were getting supplies and trying to get the bleeding to stop. Being me for the most part I was smiling and joking with the nurses. But after this had been going on for a while I got really scared and started to cry. The sweet nurse looked at me and asked if I was ok. I told her that I was scared and I just didn't know what was going on. She stopped and actually talked to me. She let me know what was happening and that they had been in contact with my doctor. That they were getting some medicine ordered and everything would be okay. I was able to calm down and started smiling again. During the time that this was all occurring Dad & Vicki were in the hall with Drew and Kev, then Greg & LeeOra showed up with the girls. I finally asked them all to leave because I kept worrying about all of them. So they left (I never got a picture of all 5 of us in the hospital together). Jana went with Dad & Vicki and was going to be staying at their house for the next two nights. It took about an hour for them to get all of the bleeding to stop and get things under control. It scared me. But after that I was doing okay. Though I did go into shock because of the amount of blood I had lost. Dr. Laine came and checked on me and I was given some extra medication.
The next morning Dr. Laine came back and let me know that I was gong to get to stay another day. In all honesty I didn't have a problem with that as I had been a little scared by everything. We hung out at the hospital.
Room Board
Dad & Vicki
Jana was more interested in Dad's food then her brother.
Danniqa holding Drew
Proud Daddy
First bath (At LDS hospital they wait until the little guy has eaten well twice before they take them to do the bath.)
Look at that hair.....
Uncle Morgan came up
Hanging out with mom
Me, Dr. Laine and Drew
Danniqa was able to come up the next day again with Greg & LeeOra so that she could spend a little more time.
LeeOra
Greg & LeeOra
Aunt Karen
This was his first little outfit as we were getting ready to go home.
In the carseat. They are so tiny in there at first.
On Wednesday little man was circumcised and we were able to get home. When we got home we were able to get our girls and hang out for a while. I was very grateful that I had this little guy in the hospital and that we were both doing well.

You look so GREAT for having had such a traumatic experience! Glad you're both ok! He's super cute!
ReplyDelete