Here is what I have been keeping track of with this pregnancy so far. I just need to put it here so I don't lose it. It is long so don't feel like you have to read it. However, the first appointment I had was an adventure as I found out not only do I have high blood pressure with this pregnancy like I did last time, but I have also developed asthma. My body loves pregnancy! Most of it is written to the baby as it will go in his scrapbook.
Wednesday May 16, 2012
So Sunday was mother’s day, and I was hoping I would be able to take a pregnancy test and be told I was pregnant so that we could tell all the Grandmothers happy mother’s day. But alas when I took the test on Saturday it said I was not. So by Tuesday May 15th I was really beginning to wonder if you were on the way. Jana and I had spent the night at Papa and Nana’s house. Papa watched Jana while I worked Tuesday morning. When I picked her up, I was talking to Papa about grandbabies they had on the way and he asked if I was going to make an announcement. I told him I wasn’t sure yet. But the more I thought about it as I drove home I decided I wanted to take another test. When we got home Dad was awake, even though he should have been sleeping, so I left your sister with him and headed to the store. When I came home I didn’t even tell Dad what I was doing. A little while later I came out and showed him what the test said. Dad got so excited. It was pretty cute. He just kept saying really and hugging me. I wasn’t going to tell anyone that you were on the way yet because you are so little and so new. But Dad wanted to tell Grandma Taylor. So I told him if he was telling his family I was telling mine. Everyone is so excited for you to come. Today is Wednesday and we didn’t have your sister Danniqa yesterday so today we got to tell her the good news. She is excited and she thinks it is great that her and Jana will both be big sisters. It seems like it will be a long time until you get here but I know it will end up going way to quick. We are all so excited to have you come.
Later when your Dad was asking Danni what she wanted she replied “An alien.” Dad asked if that didn’t happen what did she want. “A half boy, half girl alien.” Dad told her he didn’t think that would happen. Eventually she said she didn’t care just as long as you were healthy.
June12, 2012
So today I had my first doctor’s appointment for you. Dad asked if he should go and I and told him no. It would be a routine check up and we probably wouldn’t even be able to hear your heart beat so just feel free to sleep. So I took Jana over to Andrea’s and headed to the doctor’s appointment. We start out and the medical aid says my blood pressure is a little high. I let her know it was the whole pregnancy last time. Then Shani, the nurse practioner seeing me came in and started her examine. She was concerned because there is wheezing in my lungs. Then she finished the examine for you. She said that it felt like you may be bigger than 8 weeks. That I just might be further along than that. So I had to go get my blood draw done, then go up to the hospital and have a chest x-ray, then schedule an appointment for a specialist for my lungs. So basically my routine appointment was anything but routine. However, because of some of this Shani brought in a small hand held ultrasound and I got to see you. I got to see the little flicker of your heart . It was amazing! So as overwhelmed and frustrated it was it was also great.
Jun 15th – We were suppose to have an ultrasound for you today, but somehow there was no doctor there.
Then later that afternoon I had an appointment with a specialist to see if I had asthma. The chest x-ray and blood work were all fine. The doctor did some testing while there but wasn’t sure what was going on. She ordered some new test and wanted me to try some inhalers. Also I needed to do a sleep study. Basically I left not knowing anything and being frustrated.
Jun 18th – I had an ultrasound today. It was a really, really quick one but I got to see you. I was right on for my dates and you are 9 weeks along.
Jul 18th – I had my first appointment with Dr. Laine. She is wonderful as always. Things are looking good and we got to hear your heart beat. Dad came with me this time. They asked if I wanted to do the testing for genetic diseases. They happened to have an opening the next day. Otherwise everything is looking well at this time.
Jul 19th – The first part of the genetic testing was today. First off they did an ultrasound to make sure I wasn’t too far along for the testing. So I get to see you again. It was fun to see your little heart beat going and to see that you looked really good. Everything that needed to look at during the ultrasound looked really good. Then I met with a genetic counselor about what they were looking for. Then U went and had a blood test done. A week later they called and said everything was looking good so far.
Jul 25th – I had a follow up with Dr. Jefferds on breathing. It looks like I definitely have asthma so I was sent away with prescriptions for inhalers. All that matters is that I am getting enough oxygen for you baby!
August 2nd – I decided that I was to impatient to wait five more weeks to find out if you were going to be a little girl or boy. So we went to fetal foto. They were pretty sure you are a little boy. Dad was SOOO excited. But the umbilical cord was in the way to guarantee that you were a little man. So they gave us a coupon to come back and try again. We had Grandma Taylor on Skype so she could see you too.
August 3rd – We came back and you were so cute. Danniqa LOVED seeing you. We brought Grandma LeeOra with us this time to see you. You were moving all around and you had your hand up by your face and it looked like you were waving at us. It was fun. We were able to get the money shot and you are definitely a little man. All of the family and extend family are so excited! So your name will be Drew Fife Taylor! YEAH!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

megan that is so exciting!!! i love the name drew. i wondered if you were having a boy with all the boy themed pins you've been pinning. lol!! i'm glad everything looks good. xoxo sarah.
ReplyDelete