May 11
Friday night I decided that I wanted to go on a hike on Saturday. This is abnormal for me but at the same time I am trying to have a healthier more active lifestyle so you know. I looked on line for "family friendly hikes" in SLC area. I came up with Donut falls. It said if you wanted a longer hike there was a spot to start or you could go further up to the trail head.
Well it was such a beautiful day I was ready to get out at 8:30am. I really didn't think about the fact that there was still snow in the mountians....opps. We were not well prepared.
Jana getting ready to go. Mom and Dad both had hats on so she wanted one as well.
Luckily we had one of Danniqa's hoodies in the car. We made it work for Jana. And Drew had a blanket and was in the ergo. She was so excited she kept running. Well with the snow the road up to the trail head wasn't open so we had to start from further away. But it was a paved road and so easy....at first.
Snow!
But it was a GORGEOUS day!
She started to slow down and get a little tuckered out as we went up the hill. Dad was so good to carry her
And then there was A LOT of snow. I asked Kev several times if we should go back but he said he wanted to keep going. He had done this hike before. So we kept going. Jana would want dad to carry her.....
And then she would start fighting to get down.....
And then she would get down and walk for a minute and then get scared and cry for dad....
And then dad would come and hold her hand adn help her walk.....
And then she would end up in his arms again..... We repeated this MANY times.
Blowing mom kisses
One tired girlie
She wanted to play in the water so bad. Kev had to get her to point to me in order to get her even looking at the camera
Yeah water!
Mom, Drew & Jana
She had to walk on the snow....but only wanted to do this in the parts were it was mostly melted...not quite so intimidating.
This Daddy loves this girlie. And she loves her daddy!
He slept a lot of the time. But on occassion he was awake.
I kept tucking his arm back into the carrier and he would keep pulling it back out and would hold on to the strap.
On the way down. It was warm in the sun.
Daddy and Girlie! They were so precious. I loved watching them together.
We didn't quite make it to the falls. Right at the end it just got to steep to do with the two kids. If it was just Kev and I we would have been fine. At one point I step on a spot that wasn't packed/had started to melt and my leg went into the snow up to my knee. So we turned around. I think we were walking for about 2.5 hours. Little girl slept really well last night.

No comments:
Post a Comment