So on Friday the 15th we woke up and I decided that we should all go. Kev was originally going to go Saturday morning with Danniqa and then just drive home. I decided Kev should fly out at 1:30pm on Friday go do the paperwork. The kids and I would fly out at 8pm and Kev would pick us up at the airport about 11:30pm. Then we would drive all night and wake up at Mount Rushmore the next morning.
Danniqa was such a great help at the airport. I didn't want to have to gate check Drew's carseat. So we checked both carseats. Then I made the double stroller into a sit n'stand. Then Danniqa sat and held onto Drew for me as we went through the airport.
This is a picture of the Black Hills
Mt. Rushmore
profile of Washington
Crazy Horse
Then as we were leaving it started to snow. I then realized we were about four hours from Sausha's house. I decided we needed to go and see her. So we went over and spent a few hours with them. It was so great. I cried as I left her house. I miss my sister so much and it was good to see her.
Sausha and Drew meeting for the first time.
Nora... isn't she soooooo cute! She is 8 months old now.
Comparing Jana and Esther. They are almost a year and a half apart. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.
Esther holding Drew
They were playing without their pants on. Esther couldn't keep her's up. So then Jana needed hers off too.
Pajama time!
Drew coloring..... Danniqa's idea.
Then we spent the night in a hotel and headed home the next morning. It was a great trip though we were in the car a very long time! The kids did really, really well.


What a fun trip! Mount Rushmore is beautiful. I'm also jealous that you got to see Sausha.
ReplyDelete